FACILITIES & SERVICES
At Delamore Retirement Community every day offers you something different, depending on how the mood takes you.
There is a myriad of enjoyable pursuits: lazing in the spa, having a game of billiards, Friday afternoon coffee or drinks on the elegant back verandah, finding a book in the library and relaxing in the exquisite drawing room, beautifully decorated with antique furniture to fit the period of the house.
Residents gather for Monday morning bingo, or a game of cards in the drawing room. Invite your friends and sit back and enjoy the beautiful surroundings in the manicured gardens.
The girls from Mt Alvernia College, which is adjacent to the Retirement Community, often join the residents for high tea or on special occasions.
Delamore has its own in-house video channel and each Saturday night at 7pm you can choose to watch the video.
Common facilities and services:
- Dining room
- Music room
- Exercise room
- Craft room
- Billiard room
- Shopping bus
- Visiting hairdresser
- Visiting podiatrist
- Chemist pickup and delivery
- Chat room with an open fire for colder days when catching up with family and friends.
- Bus trips and outings
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Weekly shopping bus to Brookside, Chermside, Stafford and Toombul Shopping Centres.
- In-house movie channel
- High Tea with girls from Mt Alvernia College
- Computer with internet access is available in the library
- Tai Chi
Delamore is situated in the heart of Brisbane's Northside with a multitude of nearby facilities including:
- St Therese’s Roman Catholic Church is a short walking distance from Delamore Retirement Community.
- A Brisbane City Council bus stop is directly opposite Delamore – Bus Number 334 to the City and Bus Number 354 to nearby Stafford City Shopping Centre, Brookside Shopping Centre and Westfield Chermside Shopping Centre.
- Access to the Airport Link tunnel is less than one kilometre away.